Why have one when you can have multiple? (response to class discussion about conglomeration)

Everyone knows about the soda Coca-Cola right, but did you know that Coca-Cola also owns Sprite, Fanta, Smartwater, Dasani, Minute Maid, Powerade, and many more? This is called conglomeration and well if you don't know what this word means look it up because the only way to access this blog is through an Internet capable device, but for all of you out there that are too lazy to do that, the term simply means to collect things and put them into one big group. We went over conglomeration in class and I feel like I got a solid grasp on the subject. Mr. Miller incorporated several real world examples like Disney that really opened my eyes to this new idea that I had no clue about. Not only did I learn what conglomeration was, I learned how it related to the 3 major bionary models.  From our discussion in class, I have an better understanding of how large companies run and the what really determines what message they project. 
                    -em 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Evolution of Entertainment: What Life Would be like Without Music and Movies

sports over everything else (responding to classmate)

So Many Magazines (class response)