That Deck of Cards... (Class Response)

After our current event quiz and the one question quiz about the printing press, we used the rest of the class period to talk about how our lives would be different without the printing press. During this disscusion Mr. Miller used his deck of cards with everyone's name on them to call on people at random. I personally think that the cards are beneficial. They force me to participate in the conversation because I am shy and unlikely to raise my hand. I have fear that I will say something so out of the park crazy that everyone will judge me, weird right? The cards also encourage me to pay more attention. I don't know about anyone else but I can zone out looking at a wall for long periods of time which isn't good when you're in class, especially since we cover so many topics in journalism. I believe this class will help be step out of my comfrt zone with speaking infront of people and hopefully help me get over my shyness.
                      -em

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Evolution of Entertainment: What Life Would be like Without Music and Movies

sports over everything else (responding to classmate)

So Many Magazines (class response)