Is no International Stories a Good Thing or a Bad Thing? (News Response)

While glancing over all of my local TV news logs I noticed that the Wave 3 newscast has never had any international stories. This puzzled me because there is always political drama going on in the world, I didn't know whether this was a good thing or a bad thing. I looked at the other TV station data and noticed that they didn't really broadcast international stories either, so Wave 3 wasn't alone in this pattern. After thinking about it, I realized that since they are all local TV stations they shouldn't feel the need feature international stories. By not featuring international stories they can spend time on important local stories and not leave them in the dust. Therefore, local TV stations are doing the right thing by focusing the majority of their time on local and some national stories, in order the best benefit the viewer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Evolution of Entertainment: What Life Would be like Without Music and Movies

sports over everything else (responding to classmate)

So Many Magazines (class response)