A New Opportunity (class response)

On Monday, October 29th during second period, both of the freshman j+c classes gathered together in Mr. Miller's room to talk about the past 72 hours of Hell. We had an open discussion about the Kroger and Synagogue shootings. Many students contributed to the conversation and offered a variety of viewpoints of why these tragic things are happening and what steps we think can be done to prevent this issue from occurring in the future. I really appreciated the fact the Mr. Miller and Mrs. Palmer took time out of their lesson plan to create a time for us to really process what had happened. In the past when big, scary events happened in the world my teachers wouldn't spend a lot of time talking about it. It was the first time that I have been a part of a big conversation like this with other students my age. I believe that this discussion helped many people understand and cope with the shooting, especially for me because I was affected by both, as a jewish resident in Louisville, KY. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Evolution of Entertainment: What Life Would be like Without Music and Movies

sports over everything else (responding to classmate)

So Many Magazines (class response)